What Is Document Conferencing?
Document conferencing is when a group holds a meeting to review a document or certain documents. This historically was done in-person with a physical document or board pack and each page was read, discussed, approved and signed by every individual present. Now, in the era of hybrid and remote working, this can be a lot more difficult.
Why Have A Document Conferencing Meeting?
Document conferencing meetings allow you to ensure accuracy and, for certain types of documents, they can even be a legal requirement! For example, if contracts need to be signed, there needs to be witnesses and the relevant people need to sign every page to indicate they have read and understood everything.
You may also need a document conference meeting for your administrative team to review a board or meeting pack before sending the documents out. You may also need to confirm the meeting minutes of a Board Meeting as part of your Code of Governance.
How Can You Have A Virtual Or Hybrid Document Conference?
If you have the right software, a virtual or hybrid document conference is easy. It is essential that you have a video conferencing software which will allow you to see each other and talk as you review the relevant papers. However, in this post-pandemic world, it is likely that is already the case!
You should make sure the software you choose also allows you to collaborate on the documents, sign pages in tandem with each other and make your own personal or shared annotations. This will ensure that everyone is always on the same page and satisfied with the documents.
How Can Convene Improve Your Document Conferencing?
Convene is an award-winning Board Portal, which is now available fully integrated with Microsoft Teams, so your whole organisation can benefit from its dynamic digital workplace capabilities. Convene in Teams can make sure that your document conferencing meetings run smoothly:
- With Convene in Teams, you can videoconference and have your meeting documents all on one screen!
- You can also follow along with the speaker, so everyone in the meeting can quite literally be on the same page at all times!
- With DocuSign integrated, you can sign any relevant pages or spaces simply and digitally at the same time as your coworkers!
- If you choose to sign things after the meeting, Convene will automatically remind those who are yet to sign certain spaces and notify you once it is complete!
- You can also take advantage of Convene’s Review Room, to speed up the process for those documents that need signatures but don’t need a witness!
- Assign Action Items for specific sections of the document that need updating!
- Convene in Teams offers a fully built-in audit trail so you can rest easy knowing you are always compliant with any and all regulations!