On Thursday 7th July, we headed up to Manchester for the AUA 2022 Annual Conference and Exhibition. This was another packed two days, where we had the opportunity to connect with Higher Education professionals from around the country.
This is a time of change for every industry, but none more so than the Higher Education sector. The theme of the conference reflected this, as it asked, ‘What now? Shaping our future’. With numerous University clients, we were excited to learn more about how the industry was adapting.
The opening plenary was a great opportunity to hear about how the sector was evolving. Following the story of NMITE, Chief Operating Officer James Newby considered what it meant to ‘Shape the Future’. How should organisations take what they have learned in the past and apply it to the future? Needless to say, this was very relevant to the current education landscape!
This engaging speech set the tone for the conference. We were able to experience some great working sessions and panel discussions on a range of issues. From managing student complaints to orchestrating successful graduations, we saw first-hand the resilience and adaptability of the sector.
As always, the conference was also a fantastic opportunity to connect with people. With old friends and new faces, we had a wonderful time networking with existing customers and new potential clients.
Thank you to everyone involved in the conference! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
How Can Convene in Teams Support Your HE Institution’s Governance?
Convene in Teams is a type of digital workplace designed to improve your governance processes. We integrated our award-winning Convene Board Portal with Microsoft Teams to create the ultimate digital workplace solution. This means your whole organisation can benefit from the advantages of a Board Portal and streamline their meeting processes.
Whether formal or informal meetings, Convene in Teams allows you to collaborate simply across multiple channels. Users can take full advantage of Convene’s management features and Teams collaboration tools without the hassle of switching between applications.
Our comprehensive system promotes seamless communication, with numerous useful features, including:
- Meeting pack builder, any meeting files within your OneDrive can be brought together with a simple drag-and-drop.
- Secure Document Library to distribute files with role-based access to provide an extra layer of protection for shared or personal documents.
- Annotation Features to make shared or private notes on files in the Document Library and meeting notes.
- Action Items integrated into the Active Directory, meaning you will receive automatic reminders for tasks set out during meetings.
- Auto-Generated Meeting Minutes, so you can cut down on your administrative time. They can be shared via the Document Library or a shared folder.
- Integrated Video Conferencing, so you can look at meeting documents and follow along with the speaker on one screen.