Last year, we attended two conferences by the National Housing Federation. With so many loyal clients in the housing sector, we are always excited to learn more about how the industry is evolving.
This Thursday 23rd June, we were excited to sponsor and attend their 2022 Housing Governance Conference. This was a hybrid conference, partly held at the Royal College of Physicians. We made the most of this dual format by engaging with both the in-person and online elements.
Convene’s consultant Arturo Dell chaired a panel on the ‘G’ in Environmental, and Social Governance. This is a topic that is very close to our heart as promoters of sustainable governance (and one that we’ve written about in the past!).
Arturo led Phil Elvy of Great Places; Dr Karl George MBE of the Governance Forum and Kathy Hobbs of RSM on a fascinating and useful discussion of modern governance. Addressing the financial, social and environmental aspects of good governance, they considered issues such as shareholder engagement and the role of technology.
Throughout the conference, talks focused on these themes of creating a good environment to implement change. Now more than ever, the housing sector requires a balanced approach to upcoming challenges and opportunities. By listening to so many experts, we learned a lot about the practical aspects of regulation and compliance transformation.
As we are so passionate about housing and governance, it is no surprise the conference was a success for us. Thank you to all of those involved! Our next conference is the three-day CIH Housing conference in a few days’ time! We hope to see you there!
How Can Convene in Teams Help Your Organisation With Governance?
Convene in Teams is a type of digital workplace designed to improve your governance processes. We integrated our award-winning Convene Board Portal with Microsoft Teams to create the ultimate digital workplace solution. This means your whole organisation can benefit from the advantages of a Board Portal and streamline their meeting processes.
Whether formal or informal meetings, Convene in Teams allows you to collaborate simply across multiple channels. Users can take full advantage of Convene’s management features and Teams collaboration tools without the hassle of switching between applications.
Our comprehensive system promotes seamless communication, with numerous useful features, including:
- Meeting pack builder, any meeting files within your OneDrive can be brought together with a simple drag-and-drop.
- Secure Document Library to distribute files with role-based access to provide an extra layer of protection for shared or personal documents.
- Annotation Features to make shared or private notes on files in the Document Library and meeting notes.
- Action Items integrated into the Active Directory, meaning you will receive automatic reminders for tasks set out during meetings.
- Auto-Generated Meeting Minutes so you can cut down on your administrative time. They can be shared via the Document Library or a shared folder.
- Integrated Video Conferencing, so you can look at meeting documents and follow along with the speaker on one screen.